Monday, November 5, 2012

The Pizza sauce recipe is just an easy one; but was fast and we liked it;
Pizza Sauce
Into a sauce pan on the stove, I placed 3 cans of Hunt's spaghetti sauce, (2 Meat variety and one 3 cheese 26.5 oz each), (remember I doubled the pizza dough recipe!), I added 3 tsp. of sugar, 1 1/2 tsp. oregano, 1 1/2 tsp. basil, 1 tsp. thyme, 1 tsp. garlic powder, 1 tsp. salt, 1/2 tsp. black pepper, 3 bay leave...
s, 1 1/2 tsp. lemon juice and 3 tsp. grated Parmesion cheese. I brought it to a boil then lowered the heat and simmered for about 30 mins. or until I needed to use it on the pizza crusts! I also cooked up some sausage from our pig we had done this summer. Unfortunately it turned out to be maple flavored!! So I offered it on the side to add to your pizza if you wanted. (I ate it seperately as I don't like maple flavored sausage on my pizza! :0) I also topped the pizza with mozzerella cheese and cheddar cheese and pepperoni!

No comments:

Post a Comment